Submissions and Publication
Deadlines: All submissions for publication (including advertising copy and related artwork) must be received by 5pm on the 15th day of the month prior to publication. Exceptions may be made at the editors’ discretion. On receipt of your submission, we will confirm your order and issue an invoice. Payment is due prior to publication. If you wish to query an order, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may choose not to publish material which you submit for any reason, in which case we will notify you and you may be entitled to a refund of amounts you have paid – see ‘Refunds’ below.
Our Code of Ethics
Advertisers should abide by the Australian Association of National Advertisers (AANA) Code of Ethics. Download a PDF of the AANA Code of Ethics here. We reserve the right not to publish an advertisement for any reason. We believe in fair, honest and balanced reporting. A note for Advertisers & Contributors: Editorial is not paid-for content. Advertising is paid-for content. The editors reserve the right to edit editorial submissions for any reason and do not allow writers, publicists or other interested parties to see editorial pages prior to publication.
By submitting any material for publication:
- You agree to pay amounts that we invoice in respect of the material you submit for publication calculated in accordance with our current rate card from time to time.
- You agree to our privacy and security policy available at: www.thesouthcoaster.com.au
- You acknowledge that all of our graphics, artwork and written material are subject to copyright and may not be reproduced without our prior consent.
- You warrant that you own the rights in, or have the right to let us publish, all material which you submit to us, including all written work, logos, artwork and images.
- You confirm that you have checked all facts and representations contained in the material that you submit to us.
- You agree that you are responsible for typographical accuracy and supplying a ready-to-print quality file, and must acknowledge this at the time of booking.
- In the case of contributions other than advertising, you agree that we may edit your submission prior to publication.
Invoicing and Payment
Amounts invoiced and payable are calculated in accordance with our current rate card from time to time, available at www.thesouthcoaster.com.au. You must pay the invoiced amount in full on receipt of the invoice and in any event no later than the submission deadlines above to ensure publication the following month. If you do not pay by the deadline, we may elect not to publish any or all of the material to which the invoice relates. The invoice contains the South Coaster BSB and Account number for transfers. Your invoice also contains a link/URL address to eWAY Payment Gateway for its online credit card transactions. If you choose to select the eWay Payment Gateway you will receive a confirmation from eWAY containing your order details (if you have provided your email address).
Once you have submitted your material and made your booking and we have invoiced you in respect of and you have paid for that booking, we will not refund any monies paid, except in the following circumstances:
- You have notified us at least two business days prior to the relevant submission deadline specified above of your decision to withdraw your submission from publication.
- We do not publish your material, except because of default on your part (for example your breach of any of these terms and conditions).